Hellfish

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:08 am

Just to make sure I'm not missing anything.

My A500+ (2.04KS) Motherboard is off for repair, so I've got an old 'Cheap' A500 (1.3KS) Motherboard on order as a 'temporary' replacement, are there any issues putting this in the A500+ Case?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:43 am

My understanding is these are interchangeable, but I'm basing that off what I remember the new A500 case projects promoting. I don't have first-hand knowledge. Maybe someone else who has done the swap can chime in.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:06 am

What @intric8 said. ;-)

There were some A500s sold with the A500+ motherboard revision without the extra RAM and Clock/Battery Circuit installed and I believe there are posts about that here on the forums someplace. Based on that I don't see a problem.

Hellfish

Posted Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:35 am

I've now put the Motherboard in the Case, from a fitting point there are no issues, the only quirks I've come accross is the power light goes off when playing games (belive that's normal on an A500), and the reset key's dont work. Think this may be an issues with the reset signal from my Keyboard to the Motherboard!

Otherwise happily playing speedball 2 again, while my other one is repaired.

The Next question will be what to do with the A500 Motherboard when Plus is returned...

Bulletdust

Posted Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:00 am

Hellfish wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:35 am
I've now put the Motherboard in the Case, from a fitting point there are no issues, the only quirks I've come accross is the power light goes off when playing games (belive that's normal on an A500), and the reset key's dont work. Think this may be an issues with the reset signal from my Keyboard to the Motherboard!

Otherwise happily playing speedball 2 again, while my other one is repaired.

The Next question will be what to do with the A500 Motherboard when Plus is returned...
The very early boards (pre rev 6a) used to turn off the power LED every time the audio filter was activated.

Return to “Hardware”