occi
Portugal
Website

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:40 pm

Hi guys,

in another post someone suggested an ACA500+ as an external hard drive for my Amiga 500. I feel a little stupid for saying this but I don't think I found the correct item when searching for it. Could someone post a link to that hard drive so I can double check with what I found?

My technical expertise is maybe a 4 out of 10 so I am looking for a robust, simple and easy to use external hard drive.

Second question - how do I actually install games from the original disk onto the hard drive? I mean is there any dedicated "install" file on a disk or do you simply copy over the whole disk into a folder on the hard drive? Sorry for all the naive questions, it has been 30 years.

Thanks lads!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:20 pm

This is the device you're looking for, Occi.

There's actually quite a lot of information on that Shop page. But if you're looking for more, you can get a lot on its Wiki page.

occi
Portugal
Website

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:48 pm

Thanks man, much appreciated. Looks affordable too!

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:27 pm

Just to chime in that I think you will love the ACA500+. It is an awesome device. You will need a couple of Compact Flash cards though.

Hopefully the shipping is more reasonable for you then it is to the USA right now. Seems the minimum is 43 Euros to the USA for anything you buy from iComp. Supposedly it is the shipping company that jacked up their rates. Pre-pandemic it was something like $9 US.

Return to “Hardware”