Kevin Brice
Seattle, WA
YouTube

Posted Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:46 pm

A10001986 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:39 pm
Look, I am not opposing your statements. It should work with VSYNC as well, and Lukas is suspiciously quiet about this.

But to say the card does not work with NTSC is just wrong.
You're right, it does largely work with NTSC, though not in interlaced with the Denise adapter. Regressions seem to happen more often with NTSC as well. I'm just feeling a little defensive, so I'm sorry about that. (I also had a less clear a picture of your intent as you edited your posts after I replied to add more detail.) I've gotten numerous "you're holding it wrong" types of comments in other places suggesting, in essence, I should live with it and work around the problem with things like a separate RGB monitor. It's important to me that it be very clearly understood by those coming across this thread that I am trying to use very boring, claimed supported scenarios that should work.

DiscreetFX hosts Open Video Toaster, and I suspect they share my desire for Toaster to be usable with the ZZ9000. As of right now, it's not without a second monitor because of the NTSC interlaced issue when using the Denise adapter.

A10001986

Posted Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:34 am

No need to apologize. I articulated my dissatisfaction in a similar way a few months back over the issue of "double screens" after mode changes which weren't fixed until 1.9.1. This card is IMHO a text book example for feature overload, and selling a piece of hardware for nearly two years without a working driver/firmware is ... a pity, for lack of a better word. Even more so when at the same time reading twitter posts about efforts running Linux on the second ARM on the card. I am not against the inventor spirit shown here, but we are talking about a commercial product so one needs to provide solid basic functionality before moving on. But maybe I got it all wrong and that is to be accepted in the Amiga world as it exists today.

A10001986

Posted Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:39 am

Kevin Brice wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:46 pm
(I also had a less clear a picture of your intent as you edited your posts after I replied to add more detail.)
Well, I didn't take your response time into account. What was it? Less than a minute? ;)

Return to “Hardware”