polbit

Posted Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:02 am

My Amiga 3000/25 (fully recapped, slight battery leak, but never got to any traces, and cleaned really well), displaying through Amber to an LCD monitor, has developed this issue - after on for a while, the screen will start jumping a little bit when quickly moving mouse or doing disk activity, and some lines will appear jittery. First time it happened after being on for a while, I adjusted the pot on the back and it went away, but today after it being on for an hour, it came back.

Any ideas what it could be?

polbit

Posted Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:46 am

So far I've tried a different Super Denise - no change, and hooked up a monitor through RGB out, and it's not exhibiting the same behavior. That points to Amber or circuitry around.

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:14 am

I‘d suggest using DiagROM.

With MMUTools, you might load the DiagROM as a replacement ROM and have your system checked.

As the mouse is involved, you might also experience issues with the CIAs.

polbit

Posted Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:15 am

McTrinsic wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:14 am
I‘d suggest using DiagROM.

With MMUTools, you might load the DiagROM as a replacement ROM and have your system checked.

As the mouse is involved, you might also experience issues with the CIAs.
Well, it was only an issue when running through the de-interlacer circuit.

I have moved my Indivision ECS MK3 from my A500, and it is working perfectly. Now, need to trouble-shoot the Amber area I guess...

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:20 am

The suggestion with the DiagROM is not specifically useful for CIA troubleshooting.

Try it, might reveal something :).

McTrinsic

Posted Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:25 am

Well the DiagROM will only help you narrowing down where to look for hardware issues.

It won’t solve them.

Christian

Posted Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:12 pm

What is the part number of the installed Agnus chip?

Return to “Hardware”