intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:03 pm

Five years ago I came across an IFF originally created by Avril Harrison - the legendary artist known most for her exquisite image of King Tut in Deluxe Paint. This image I found, however, was one that I'd not seen before. Surprisingly, it doesn’t appear to be anywhere on the internet (at least, not easily found by me or others). On April 28, 2023, I came across a photo I'd taken of my screen 5 years ago. I decided to put that photo on social media (I’m growing so tired of those 2 words). To my surprise, the guy in charge of the Amiga Graphics Archive, Daniel, contacted me directly. The image is not in his archive.

ah-cottage.jpg
The title of this image is simply, "Cottage". It was done some time in 1986 or 87. NTSC/320x200 in 32 colors.

I am going to take some time next week to try and relocate the old disk with the IFF and send it to him so he can add it to Avril's page on his site in the near future. He mentioned that he's in the process of redesigning his art archive, so definitely stay tuned for that exciting update.

As I was looking at photos of images I’d taken in 2018 from the same disk, it dawned on me that there were other artists whose collections were not in the archive, either. Some very, very cool stuff.

Some of which I'll work to find and send Daniel's way for further review and consideration. I hope I find them!

Here are some photo samples I’d taken of my screen back then.
IMG_7575.jpg
One of my all-time favorite images made on and for the Amiga.

IMG_7582.jpg
IMG_7583.jpg
IMG_7587.jpg

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:38 am

Love the images. Thanks for keeping this up.

Whatnot means to me isn’t remember a very special time in computing. And of course it helps that at that time I had one of the best phases of my life 😉.

Seriously, back then the computers were making quantum leaps. Roughly speaking, the 8-bit area was able to create interesting pictures. The 16bits and especially the Amiga were capable of *stunning* pictures.

This is captured here very well. Thank you for this!

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sat May 06, 2023 5:31 pm

Can anyone send their art to the Amiga Ar5 Archive? I have most of my old artwork from the nineties and possibly a few project files.

Return to “Software”