Marchie

Posted Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:25 am

Hi Folks,

I've nearly finished my Rejuvenator build, and I'm up to building the Agnus adapter to use an 8375 2mb Agnus (https://github.com/mbtaylor1982/A3000-Agnus-Adapter).

These actually seem like a real handful to build, I'm wondering does anyone have any advice? Start with the socket on top? Or the pin headers underneath? Did you use single in-line pin headers, or double? (and if so how did you solder the doubles?)

Any advice much appreciated, have a good day all!
-M

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:58 am

From a PM I sent someone else:

I soldered the middle pins first so I could access the inner and outer afterward. Then inner pins as accessible. I reversed the pin headers for the outer pins, accessing them through the middle of the "sandwich".

If you reverse the pins for inner or outer, you'll have the space you need to actually get to them and they won't touch.

Good luck :)

PRS

Posted Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:32 am

- First cut all the pins of the PLCC socket to length that it sits flush with the print
- Solder the PLCC socket in its place
- Cut off the corner pins at both ends of two of the pin banks (as I did also for the female parts). So using double row pins.
- Push the black plastic part almost completely up (I used a vise for this using a small aluminium plate that fits in between the pins)
- Now you have space to solder the pins in their place from the same side. Inside first, start where the PLCC socket pins are more inside than the male pins (more difficult to reach).
- Push the black plastic part back in its position using the vice/aluminium plate again

Marchie

Posted Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:47 pm

Thanks guys, wish me luck!

I've already messed-up two, third time lucky...

Return to “Hardware”