McTrinsic

Posted Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:55 pm

Small update.

RTC works flawless now. It helped that I added an RTC chip 😆 that originally was simply forgotten. Or maybe not really forgotten. The task to install a trimmer and the rtc chip and to finetune these was postponed and subsequently forgotten. Anyway - works now. I installed an integrated Epson RTC with internal oscillator.

The parallel task thing works great, considering the age of the OS. I needed to find the right balance of software and patches. The system is based on 3.1 with a lot of elements coming from 3.1.4, 3.2, and 3.9. and some software from ThoR and PeterK.

What does (still) not work?

- Twister
- 68000 mode.

That’s right, currently I can’t disable the 68030. I will investigate further.

PRS

Posted Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:57 am

Nice one!

Did you make the case your self, or is it off-the-shelf with some modifications?

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:23 am

The case is original with only the backplane modded.

It is the case that was sold under „TF-5“ by some Chinese manufacturers or distributors.

It was meant to be the case for the re-imagined new Amiga 1000 by the late Commodore USA. So it wasn’t by random. Took me years to find as NOS, though.

Crazyeights

Posted Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:27 pm

Very nice! Thank you for sharing your work. The entire blog is a great read. It brings back my early days of building my Amiga 500 setup in to a full size black AT tower case. Your attention to detail is amazing.

McTrinsic

Posted Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:19 am

I’d love to take credit, but the actual work was done by Pete from retrohax.net.

Granted, I strained his nerves with some details about the build…

luvwagn

Posted Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:38 pm

McTrinsic wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:19 am
I’d love to take credit, but the actual work was done by Pete from retrohax.net.

Granted, I strained his nerves with some details about the build…
Does Pete take on projects for $$$? I have some ideas/projects that might come to fruition if i pay enough to do them :p

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:46 pm

Yes, absolutely he does.
You might want to get an idea about the scope and on the order of magnitude of costs. He’s really fair.

Return to “Hardware”