happyferret

Posted Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:22 am

Hi everybody. I hope it's ok to talk about this in here.

OceanThrill Murder Mystery is a game my girlfriend, a fellow coder (and talented musician) and I are working on and that has seen a, thus far, very successful Kickstarter campaign which will now soon come to an end (it'll be available through Kickstarter until Wednesday morning, 10 AM Central European).

OTMM is a piece of interactive fiction with a set of lovingly pixelated graphics drawn by yours truly.

The player follows in the footsteps of a detective and his witty, sometimes serious, introverted and almost cruel, sometimes loving and humorous female sidekick, as they discover the whereabouts of a missing submersible and hunt for the murderer of OceanThrill's late interim CEO.

The game is written in DAAD and will release for quite a few other retro platforms as well.
That being said, the Amiga is the reference platform and all graphics are being created in Deluxe Paint and DPaint.js.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ha ... er-mystery

McTrinsic

Posted Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:37 pm

Backed it when I saw it on Reddit.

I really appreciate what has become known as interactive fiction. Suits my style of reading and slow-paced action very well.

Looking forward to it!!

happyferret

Posted Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:46 pm

McTrinsic wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:37 pm
Backed it when I saw it on Reddit.

I really appreciate what has become known as interactive fiction. Suits my style of reading and slow-paced action very well.

Looking forward to it!!
It's kind of a shame that it's been proclaimed a "dead genre" (I don't think it is, obviously. The fact we managed to attract this many backers is proof there's still plenty of interest).

I recently re-watched Get Lamp and Infocom: A Documentary. In one of these two, they talk about how Infocom was almost acquired by Simon & Schuster. I think if it had been and Interactive fiction had been established as such sooner (rather than going by "text adventure" or any other video game specific term), Infocom would probably still be around.

Thank you for your support.

Return to “Games”