SteveE671
Burleson, TX

Posted Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:55 pm

The remake card gerbers have been made available via github. This includes all the files needed to send to a PCB manufacturer to have the blank boards made. I had mine made using JLCPCB. The cost was very reasonable and the quality of the boards is very good.

A Bill of Materials is included, but I discovered that it is incomplete missing some key items. Notably, the 3.5mm connectors, the 2k FIFO chips, 1000pF capacitors and 24 pin sockets.

Also, the GAL20V8B chips are no longer manufactured, you will either need to source alternatives, like the ALT20V8B or get a Time Machine.

When you find the GALs, they will also require programming. You will need to get a programmer as well.

Another chip you will have to source is the Crystal CS4231A-KL. This, too, is no longer manufactured. I sourced mine through eBay.

Some changes have been made to the design of the card. Originally, there was one connector with a pig tail adapter, this has been changed to four separate connectors on the card. A much cleaner design.
Attachments
IMG_7034.jpeg
IMG_7035.jpeg
IMG_7166.jpeg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:42 pm

For the curious who haven't flown to Google yet, here is the Github page with the Prelude info.

Very cool stuff, SteveE671. Thanks for sharing!

Return to “Hardware”