intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:09 am

Wanted to share some pics I took from last night's SEA-CCC (SCCC) meet last night, our 59th and final of 2023.

We meet once a month in Seattle at my office, which is generous to allow us the space and time to get together and share knowledge, experiences and laughs.
IMG_4731.jpg
My C64 breadbin with Ray Carlsen PSU, 1541-ii and UltimateII+. I needed to demo a game that showed an issue with the VIC-II, which I later swapped out and re-tested. Good to go!

IMG_4732-2.jpg
Two Mega 65's in the house. I brought mine in so resident expert Dan Sanderson and now official Mega-Team Member could demo how to upgrade and use the latest firmware and C64 core. It totally can use IEC connected devices now! Super cool.

IMG_4733-2.jpg
A club member brought in his exceptional A600 and connected it to a rare and repaired yet fully working dye sub printer. The glossy prints were on thermal paper, and the quality was jaw-dropping.

IMG_4734-2.jpg
Another long-time club member brought in one of his holy grails: an absolute MINT Commodore Max. I don't think any of us had ever seen one in-person before.

IMG_4735.jpg
Close-up of the Max, which came in its original Japanese box.

IMG_4738.jpg
Briley Witch Chronicles 2 was loaded up on a Mega65 running the newest stable C64 core (left) in PAL mode, and my C64 breadbin from 1983 after I replaced its faulty VIC-II chip.

All in all, a great way to end the year for the Seattle Commodore Computer Club.

I'm already thinking about what I'll bring in January! :commodore: <3

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:16 am

Very cool stuff there! I wish I was closer. 59 meets, that is awesome.

Return to “The Lounge”