kevin1024

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:29 am

intric8 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:53 am
A friend of mine designed 3D printed ones, which I use now any time an install occurs. The guides hold all of the pins steady and become a permanent (unseen) part of the machine as you push the board down.
Wow, this is awesome! I will totally use this if I need to remove and reinstall the Rejuv at some point (gulp)

In other news, I'm able to boot into Workbench with a KS 3.1 ROM in the board! KS 1.3 isn't working, but it's possible I have a bad EEPROM or just burned the image incorrectly.

Still strange that I can't boot from floppy by using Jumper J00, but I'm told it could be that my CPU is incompatible.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:56 am

Wow, this is awesome! I will totally use this if I need to remove and reinstall the Rejuv at some point (gulp)
Another trick Joe Carter (joethezombie), one of the main people responsible for reverse engineering the Rejuve for us, does is he takes a piece of card stock - about the size of a sheet of paper - and places it on top of the pins. He then carefully pushes it down, popping the pins through the paper. He cuts off the excess paper and leaves the paper near the top. Then he pushes the rejuve down, the impaled paper having become the guide, and it becomes the "meat of the sandwich" never to be seen again.

I found that idea to be quite clever as it should produce even less "wiggle room" for each set of pins since they are all together in one massive unified guide. I've used the 3D printed ones, though.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:09 pm

@intric8

Thanks I'LL be getting those headers printed for sure <3

lanceroo

Posted Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:45 pm

I purchased a rejuvenator board on eBay and I’m starting to collect the parts. It has Amigalove silkscreened on it and is very professionally made. Is there a way to tell if this is the latest version of the copper? I tried to find a schematic to trace things out but can’t find the schematic. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated!

m0c
Utrecht, Netherlands

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:29 pm

Look what I got today from a fellow retro friend... Four 514400 ramchips in DIP package. SOJ-to-DIP adapters be gone!
DIP514400.png
Still to do:
  • A314-1000
  • Some sort of accelerator. I am leaning towards the 68030 V2 by Matze but I will be needing a proper CPU relocator.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:18 pm

Dude - those RAM chips are sweet! Are they readily available somewhere, or did your friend pull them from something?

PRS

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:41 pm

The retro friend talking here 😉

I got them on eBay, and according to the seller it came out of an Atari memory expansion.

The are virtually unobtainium.

m0c
Utrecht, Netherlands

Posted Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:57 am

PRS wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:41 pm
They are virtually unobtainium.
Unless you are prepared to shell out $40 to $50 a piece :shock:

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:34 am

Super cool!

It's funny how those things start showing up once you start to look around for them.

(These are 70s instead of 80s but I'm sure they'd work just fine.)

514400RAM.jpg

I guess this thing is kind of like the ICD AdSpeed, except w/RAM

Return to “Hardware”