TomCorbett

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:20 pm

I have a working A2000 and a non-working A2000, with a 040-accelerator card a sound music card and other various stuff. Have some manuals for Ameca, as well as work software and games. I don't want to throw the stuff away, but will part with it for shipping cost and maybe a pittance. If anyone is interested, I will provide an inventory of what I have plus pictures if I can figure out how to do them. I am 80 years old so don't look for speed. I also have an A500 with a GVP memory and HD drive addon (Drive does not work anymore, don't know why, and don't know if anyone out there does GVP repairs (I don't) I live on the FL spacecoast, so shipping might be pricey.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:47 pm

Hi, Tom.

I live on the entire other side of the country. But I'd be willing to try and help pay for your shipping to my location and find your collection good new homes.

If you want to contact me directly, I'm eric at amigalove dot com.

I do fear the shipping would be immense. In my recent experience, the best way to almost guarantee the items from damage is to take them (everything in one load) to either FedEx or UPS and have them pack and box everything themselves. This adds to the overall cost, but it puts the pressure on them to do it right. It's still not a perfect guarantee, but it's about as good as it gets these days.

Books/manuals (if large and heavy) are likely not worth the shipping. Your non-functional A2000 might have been eaten by a leaky battery after all these years.

Are your machines in decent shape? Perhaps a few photos aren't a bad idea if you're able to take a few shots and forward them along.

If they look rough, I'm pretty sure we have a couple of members in FL or near there that might be able to assist in some form or fashion.

Thanks for reaching out!

Revanche

Posted Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:48 am

Hello,
I’m not near you but I’ve always wanted an Amiga and never had the chance to own one. I live up north but I can handle shipping if given the chance. If you don’t get with the fella above me feel free to email me at

[email protected]

Hope they find a good home!

TomCorbett

Posted Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:13 pm

Eric, I remember you from several years back, I had wiped the startup file for a Star trek enterprise diagram file. Never got it fixed. Yes both my A2000's were damaged by the blown capacitor problem, I got one fixed by a guy who did repairs (on ebay) from just south of Memphis. My A500 has a GVP addon which the SCSI drive quit working, the 2Mb memory addon is good. I have a few pictures of the working A2000 from a couple of years ago, and some inside the chassis pictures which are a bit blurry, but don't know how to post them. I can also take more if I get a chance to unpack it. hope no one is in a hurry, it will take me some time to get the stuff out. Tom J. nee TomCorbett

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:51 pm

You can’t find a better home for these things than with Eric.

TomCorbett

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:08 pm

As of today 24th of March, I have written up list of the Amiga equipment I have and external addons, excluding floppy and hard drive not in use I have I think a couple of lose floppies, and a couple or three hard drives. My list of games/programs is not yet typed up, I have about 150 titles, some are duplicate copies as backups. The list of equipment and games is so large, I would like to email it to intric8 at the address he furnished me. Eric, can you verify that, and are their spaces or not. As of now, I think I am going to keep the A500, and some of the game duplicates for me to fool around with. I also have a few loose chips, including Kick starter ROMs, paired with a switch, letting you select between kickstart 1.3 and 3.1, one for the A2000 and 1 for the A500, not certain if thy work, As I bout them years ago but never installed them (I had som other problems with switcher roms for the A2000). Thats's it for now. Tom

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:51 pm

Hi, Tom

There are no spaces in my email.

It looks like this:
Attachments
electronicmail.png

TomCorbett

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:55 pm

OK, surprise, I opened up the A2000HD, Pulled out what I thought was a memory card (it was), an 8up DIP card. Then thought I should try turning on the power, and lo, it boots into kickstart/workbench 3.1. I seem to have access to the two Hard Drives installed, not sure about the accelerator card drive though. It seems to have access to about 12-13 Mb of memory. I opened one of the Hard Drive icons (HD01), and it has Black Crypt and Champions of Krynn on it, I tried Black Crypt, and it boots up, but stops when I load a save game (save may be bad). So now my A2000HD is working. Now I wonder what I am going to do.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:03 pm

Cutting the batteries off would be your next thing to do.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

@TomCorbett has notified me that he has sold his collection. I'm locking this thread as a result.

Return to “Trading Post”