dargrz1977

Posted Wed May 01, 2024 3:18 am

I will elaborate on the topic a bit, as it has been discussed extensively on various forums. I managed to effectively solve the problem and address it . Generally, this issue is closely related to the so-called "daisy chain" autoconfiguration bug, with a twist. Jumper J2 on the GVP 030 Combo must be connected to enable it (jumper closed), while the card itself should be enabled. I recommend keeping BIOS jumper J9 enabled (jumper closed), and the hard drive (J14) should be disabled (jumper closed). Additionally, the Impact A2000-HC+8 Series II card no longer needs to have the J3 autoboot ROM jumper enabled (it can be left open), and J4 (SCSI drive) should be connected to the switch. Here, this switch operates in the opposite way compared to J3. Of course, both cards should have the same BIOS. I'm using version 4.5, although some people think it's 4.(0)5 or V.45, but in the OS, it shows gvpscsi.device version 4.5, so I'm sticking with that. I set the J10-J12 SCSI ID jumpers (closed jumpers ID0 gives more than a 30% transfer rate compared to open jumpers ID7). Currently, Kickstart starts very quickly (previously with a slight delay of 25 seconds, or it did not start at all). A simpler solution is to use a non-original kickstarter, e.g., 4IN1, which significantly speeds up the Kickstart process. However, if you want to use the full potential of the GVP card to boot WB1.3/3.2 partitions using a mouse button (dual kicks selector), it is worth every penny and time. Jumper J12 on the 030 Combo (jumper open) is for "All Ram Extended" memory. I read that it doesn't matter because the card itself turns it on in the BIOS. However, this jumper is actually very important because it unblocks the RAM memory. Thanks to this, I received 8MB with HC+8 and 9MB (1MB+4MB+4MB) of fast 32-bit memory and a transfer rate of 1MB/s (which is still faster than working in BIOS with HC+8, about 2MB/s without 32-bit RAM and turbo). The Turbo 030 Combo card gives approximately 98% power when combined with HC+8. I'm very pleased with the results. I tested it with Zorro-LAN-IDE-CP. Copying from the network, unpacking in memory, and installing or moving to a USB drive for Gotek via the clockport all work great.

Regards,

P.S. Access to HDToolBox is via gvpscsi.device. The second tab in this program cannot be accessed in any way. The second one of this type does not work. To create partitions, you need to use the original GVP software, where you can change the ID to 1. But what's the point if the controller in the GVP 030 Combo is turned off anyway?

Return to “Hardware”