Huxley

Posted Mon May 06, 2024 1:48 pm

Hi all,

After years of fruitless searching, I recently bought an Amiga 1000 keyboard - now I can finally bring my beloved "pizza box" Amiga back to life! The keyboard itself is very very rough, with major discoloration, a missing key, etc., so it's going to be a restoration process to bring it back to usable condition. One element that will obviously need to be addressed is the cable, which is gross, sticky, crumbling, etc. I haven't tested it yet and the cable may be functional, but it's clearly well past its prime and due for replacement.

I've found conflicting info online about whether it's a plain old RJ11 cable, something slightly less common, or something totally unique that just happens to look like a phone cable.

Can anyone clarify what kind of modern cable I should buy to connect my Amiga 1000 keyboard to the CPU? I'd like to keep the "curly" aesthetic if possible, so product links to anything that is both functional and similar-looking are appreciated!

Huxley

McTrinsic

Posted Tue May 07, 2024 9:20 am

Hi,
no modern solution, but you can search for wires of older phones with the earphone being connected to the actual phone with such curly wires.

Return to “Hardware”