obitus1990
USA

Posted Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:13 pm

All done...
IMG_0697 2.jpg

Running the C64 core...
IMG_0698.jpg
I'm really pleased with how well it works...and equally pleased with the simplicity of use. No over-wrought graphical front ends like Retropie and others that just slow the whole thing down. And it boots FAST. In under 10 seconds from power on, you can be ready to load up the core/game you want to play.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:26 pm

intric8 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:52 pm
So cool!!

Now I wonder if you'll be able to use one of these with that modern rig, which would be so cool!
I'm not sure. That project connects directly to a physical Amiga 1200 clockport, which this doesn't have (unless it somehow can interface with where the RTC board would normally be plugged in to the MiSTer). The IO board, however, does have a JST header for external LED control. I haven't delved into how it works, but, that might even be an option for pimping it out with LED strips (though without the fancy software control that project you linked to has, admittedly).

EDIT: The external LED header looks to be nothing more than a way for you to connect the various power and activity LEDs on a case to the board, much like you would on a standard ATX board and case.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:07 am

IMG_0726.jpg
Made an HDF file in WinUAE and copied it over, installed WB 3.1.4 onto it. Then I got the RTG graphics working on it, installed BestWB pack over 3.14, switched to Glow Icons @ 24bit color, 1280 x 720.

Things are looking nice!

ubermick
California, via Cork

Posted Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:12 pm

intric8 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:56 am
I've always been a huge fan of Mattsoft's Mister/A600 conversion. For a pure gaming machine and console, it's so nice. HDMI out, USB joysticks, functional original keyboard, tidy package. Heck, it's easily portable.
Yep. I've been furiously trawling ebay and Amibay since seeing it, trying to find the parts. The MISTer stuff is easy enough, but the old A600 parts are rare especially the keyboard, and the Tynemouth keyboard interface is non-existant (they're closed indefinitely because of Covid - and apparently sick of getting PELTED by requests to reopen)

I mean, it's one thing buying the bits and using a plain old USB keyboard in a 3d printed case of some sort, but... its just not the same.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:27 pm

Networking is now functional as well. I had purchased Roadshow TCP stack a few years ago, so I downloaded it again from the developer, who has updated it since I had purchased it. Gotta love free upgrades! It was kind of a bear to configure, since Roadshow has no GUI, and relies strictly on text file configurations and CLI commands to bring up and take down the network connection. Also, the MiSTer's ethernet port is bridged to the Amiga via UART emulation, so, the Amiga is tricked into thinking it has a PPP connection instead of an ethernet connection, which in and of itself is a feat to configure properly. I could have taken the easy way out and used Genesis or Miami, but, I paid for Roadshow and wanted to use it. I ALMOST have it working with SAMBA, but have run into a problem that I haven't been able to figure out.

When using the Amiga SMBCLIENT to try to connect to my linux NAS, despite using the proper username, password, share name, and workgroup, SMBCLIENT keeps throwing an error that the NT NETWORK NAME is wrong, or some such nonsense. Anyone have any idea how to fix that?

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:34 pm

ubermick wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:12 pm
intric8 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:56 am
I've always been a huge fan of Mattsoft's Mister/A600 conversion. For a pure gaming machine and console, it's so nice. HDMI out, USB joysticks, functional original keyboard, tidy package. Heck, it's easily portable.
Yep. I've been furiously trawling ebay and Amibay since seeing it, trying to find the parts. The MISTer stuff is easy enough, but the old A600 parts are rare especially the keyboard, and the Tynemouth keyboard interface is non-existant (they're closed indefinitely because of Covid - and apparently sick of getting PELTED by requests to reopen)

I mean, it's one thing buying the bits and using a plain old USB keyboard in a 3d printed case of some sort, but... its just not the same.
Is there a reason you wouldn't use a KEYRAH in place of the Tynemouth adapter instead? That's still in stock.

Bulletdust

Posted Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:45 am

All you need to finish off a MiSTer Amiga is a keyboard like this one. With a keyboard like that I'd have no problem packing my precious A1200 away.

http://amigax1000.blogspot.com/search?q=keyboard

obitus1990
USA

Posted Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:52 pm

Bulletdust wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:45 am
All you need to finish off a MiSTer Amiga is a keyboard like this one. With a keyboard like that I'd have no problem packing my precious A1200 away.

http://amigax1000.blogspot.com/search?q=keyboard
Actually...I am using this one on it:

ubermick
California, via Cork

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:55 pm

This has me wondering.... be curious to design a retro style case that you could mount the innards of something like a Ducky TKL inside, so it’d look something like an A600/1200. The end result would be something similar to mattsoft’s A600 MiSTEr project, but without the need of the Tynemouth adapter/keyrah, and with a much better quality (and far easier to get) keyboard.

ubermick
California, via Cork

Posted Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:19 am

ubermick wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:55 pm
This has me wondering.... be curious to design a retro style case that you could mount the innards of something like a Ducky TKL inside, so it’d look something like an A600/1200. The end result would be something similar to mattsoft’s A600 MiSTEr project, but without the need of the Tynemouth adapter/keyrah, and with a much better quality (and far easier to get) keyboard.
Aaaaaaa bit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmXbRdR ... e=youtu.be

Return to “Hardware”