Cego

Posted Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:28 am

Any news on the v3? I would love to get my hands on a new Parceiro with acceleration :)

Beska

Posted Mon May 01, 2023 10:45 am

There's going to be a V3? I just upgraded to the V2, sheesh I can't keep up. :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon May 01, 2023 11:27 am

The V3 is a work-in-progress and a release not imminent. Lot's of mad scientist stuff going on. The V3 would incorporate a mild accelerator, inspired by the ICD AdSpeed.

Dunklee:
I'm finding that memory access and latency... even on the Parceiro is slowing the 28MHz down to an effective 16MHz or so. But it's progress.

He's also found new ways to significantly increase the SD card reads and writes. Without his accelerator, 525KB/s on SDWorkout. With the accelerator, more in the 1MB/s range!

It isn't clear as to when his experiments will convert to a "Gold Master" product. I'd guess 2023, but I really don't know. Very exciting stuff, though!

luvwagn

Posted Wed May 03, 2023 9:59 pm

I believe he's also looking to add his parceiro max mem logic as well, so then you'd have ~16MB of RAM along with a 1-4x speed control (through software)

I'm trying to get him to add a clock port, even though it's a silly expansion bus :p

McTrinsic

Posted Thu May 04, 2023 7:13 am

Clockport is nasty.

You can fry lots of devices. Easily. No warning. Directly getting magic smoke.

luvwagn

Posted Thu May 04, 2023 5:26 pm

McTrinsic wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 7:13 am
Clockport is nasty.

You can fry lots of devices. Easily. No warning. Directly getting magic smoke.
yeah, it was mostly a tongue in cheek discussion with him in order to on-board an a314 WiFi mechanism. He was like "clock port, I already have a real-time clock" :) And besides, if he eventually makes a v4 that has built-in WiFi, then a clock-port would be a waste of time.

sportbikepilot

Posted Fri May 12, 2023 8:31 pm

BLAGH!!!!!!!!!

I just installed an '010 and the Parceiro II...

As I told David D - WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

Used it for about a half an hour this evening (it got late), and oh man...

The man is a saint for this. A1000's everywhere NEED this upgrade!

Seriously - if you are on the fence about getting one of these things, DON'T BE. Get it while you can.

David is a STELLAR guy always willing to answer questions.

Chris

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sun May 14, 2023 6:04 am

@ sportbikepilot

Same here love my Rev1 Parceiro and had an 010 since early 90's that took me through Unuversity

Return to “Hardware”