Attachments
IMG_2278.jpeg

m0c
Utrecht, Netherlands

Posted Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:40 pm

Koolvin wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:02 pm
I have a 318069-18 VBB
...but you only have 1MB of chipram installed. I'm not sure if this is supposed to work. Maybe @PRS can shed a light on that, as he has experimented with different sorts and amounts of chipram and Agnus versions.
I’m also using a Parceiro II
David Dunklee can provide different GALs that allow loading kickstart either from floppy or from the Parceiro II, depending solely on the position of the Parceiro's selection switch. No more flipping of jumper JP100 needed.

Koolvin

Posted Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:13 am

Thanks, I already have the custom code on my GALs from David :) just need to sort this ram out now.

A1200

Posted Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:15 am

I think the Agnus just manages however much chipram is installed, like the fatter Agnus on the A500 will do 512K or 1MB, and 2MB Agnus on the A500 plus will do 1 or 2MB. Unless theres any weirdness introduced from the Rejuvenator, it should be fine to use a 2MB Agnus with only 1MB installed.

Edit: koolvin just posted me some notes from the Rejuvenator that says it has to be 2MB installed with a 2MB Agnus. I probably did try that when I didn't have a working set of 2MB chips so DOH!

I want to leave my 3.1 ROM installed but can't do that and use the Parceiro II in any switch position. Only workaround for this I thought would be to use a ROM switcher and have nothing in the 2nd socket when I wanted to use the Parceiro II. I know it's weird but I would like to use the ROM chip on the board. If the Parceiro could use the ROM built-in scsi.device and then load drivers on boot for any larger drives/filesystems that would be the grail for me. Also allowing a user's fresh install of a basic FFS small oldskool partitions.

Marchie

Posted Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:35 pm

Finally finished my board and, after only 8 hours trying to align the pins, it works!!
Rejuv.jpg
It's running with a 1MB agnus since I found that 8375 adapter board impossible to solder, but I'm still hoping to run it with 2MB using a regular Mega-chip board (which I've seen some people use in this thread already).

Will I need to bridge the 2mb agnus jumper when using a megachip adapter? (And/or has anyone found a more elegant solution for installing a 2MB 8375?)

m0c
Utrecht, Netherlands

Posted Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:25 pm

Marchie wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:35 pm
Finally finished my board and, after only 8 hours trying to align the pins, it works!!
Congrats! Take my advice, never remove a Rejuvenator once it is working. Speaking from experience here.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:16 am

@ Marchie

congrats & gives me motivation to get back to soldering again as this damn things called 'work' and 'honey do' lists keep getting in the way dammit :D :check: :boing:

Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:47 pm

Has anyone else built fantoman's Agnus adapter? I recently had a pcb pressed into my hands in anticipation of a rejuvie build and I am a bit perplexed as to how to assemble it. Most of the photos on the github show a finished product-but I have no clue how and what order these components go in.

Would love some breadcrumbs as I believe I have all the components on hand to knock this piece out.

Chris.

kevin1024

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:48 am

I recently obtained a Rejuvenator and last night I spent an extremely frustrating evening some quality time with my vintage computer aligning the pins and getting it installed!
IMG_3983 Large.jpeg
However, it's not working. I get a black screen at boot, with J100 set to either position, and a Kickstart 1.3 ROM installed. Same problem with the ROM socket empty.

The power LED blinks, but no colors on the monitor at all.

Interestingly, it does boot into DiagROM (with J100 set to open, and a ROM I burned and installed into the socket on the Rejuvenator), the chipram is detected, and it passes all tests!

Any idea what might be going on?
Attachments
IMG_3982 Large.jpeg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:53 am

For me the Rejuvenator is completely impossible to install w/o using pin guides of some sort. A friend of mine designed 3D printed ones, which I use now any time an install occurs. The guides hold all of the pins steady and become a permanent (unseen) part of the machine as you push the board down.

As such, it almost guarantees the pins are all seated correctly and none have become bent on the way down. I say all of this because my main fear is a bent pin isn't making contact somewhere.

Note: your board is so low, my second thought is I wonder if the board is shorting out on something below.

Return to “Hardware”