intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:53 am

I'm generally a CRT guy when it comes to my retro gear. There are exceptions thanks to amazing devices like the retrotink, which I currently am using to hook my SNES to the TV in the TV room.

But holy hell this gorgeous NEC LCD actually looks like it was *designed* for the A3000. It's called the NEC 1880SX. It's a multisync monitor that'll sync down to 31Khz/50hz modes. I think it is 18".
FLF20VkVUAA3f12.jpg
Photo by Paulee Alex Bow

I have 2 NEC monitors I can use with my Amigas, but not with these super sharp and sexy edges and vents.

And look how it can be adjusted, too. I read a review over on Amazon (from 2003) that said you can hook two computers up at the same time to it and switch between them with the click of a button. It's even wall-mountable.
FLF3FcnVQAMQhZT.jpg
Photo by Paulee Alex Bow

Oh, and...
Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 9.52.37 AM.png

I know what I'll be looking for now!

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:17 am

After performing a few searches, it appears that these were used for the medical field, maybe? Could explain the image quality of the display.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye for any of these 8-)

Hook
Ottawa, Canada

Posted Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:16 pm

Hey I recognize that monitor! It's from my UK friend Paulee Alex Bow :lol:

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:01 pm

Hey I recognize that monitor! It's from my UK friend Paulee Alex Bow :lol:
Yes indeed! I had credited the photos elsewhere but seem to have forgotten to do that here. Will fix that!

Update: fixed. :)

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:14 pm

There are some killer lcds out there. I was given an old LG that does 720p really well and has tons of connections.

Return to “Hardware”