obitus1990
USA

Posted Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:13 pm

I've built a couple of these for other people, but now I have finally found the time to make one for myself. I'm waiting on the RAM adapter boards to come in from SeeedStudio, as well as the 2mb Agnus adapter (yes, I will have to desolder the socket I've already put there...silly me). I'll also need to source an RTC chip. I'm not going to bother with the video slot. Otherwise, it's all done:
IMG_2587.jpg

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:24 am

Nice soldering! Looks like we were up to the same thing this weekend.

I had previously built myself a 1MB Rejuvenator but wanted to try a 2MB with the add-on PCBs made by other users and a spare 390544-01. So one Saturday later and ..
IMG_4895.jpg
I'll probably be putting my 1MB up for sale soon, since these aren't exactly cheap to build.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:21 pm

Very nice! And, yes, you are right, they are very pricey to build, not even counting the Agnus.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:48 pm

@EzdineG ... what type of pin headers, etc., did you use to connect it to the 3 sockets? Machine pins? Stacked sockets? Just curious.

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:08 pm

obitus1990 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:48 pm
@EzdineG ... what type of pin headers, etc., did you use to connect it to the 3 sockets? Machine pins? Stacked sockets? Just curious.
I used standard length "round" machine pin headers. I inserted a single "dual wipe" socket into each of the motherboard sockets. The length was just about right (just above the LED connector) with the benefit of not destroying the board's existing sockets on repeat installations.

I initially tried machined sockets, but to be honest this board is so difficult to install it just compounded the problem.

Hope that helps.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:33 pm

looks great! I’m hoping to start buying the parts I need soon! I figure the most difficult will be to find the 8375 Agnus to finally get the mystical 2MB chip on my A1000 :D

obitus1990
USA

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:08 am

A1-X1000 wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:33 pm
looks great! I’m hoping to start buying the parts I need soon! I figure the most difficult will be to find the 8375 Agnus to finally get the mystical 2MB chip on my A1000 :D
If you can assemble the A500+ Agnus to A3000 adapter that others are using, finding an A500+ 8375 will be easier than finding an A3000 8375 will be, and much cheaper, too. Good luck!

AXm77

Posted Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:31 am

Can any of you guys post gerber files? Where did you ordered pcbs?

obitus1990
USA

Posted Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:39 am

I order mine from JLCPCB.

Would you rather learn to make the Gerbers? I can upload them later if you prefer, but, I will tell you how to do it yourself now.

Download KiCad, use it to open the file with the .PCB extension inside the KiCAD folder of the Rejuvenator archive file you've downloaded from Github.

Then follow the directions here:

https://support.jlcpcb.com/article/44-h ... rber-files

Then, zip up the files generated by the above step and upload it as gerbers to the board house you decide to use, and specify how many you want, color, etc.

Hope that helps!

AXm77

Posted Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:32 am

Thanks for help. I did try to create gerbers, but viewer showing some errors. Can you post yours, I'd like to compare yours with one I created and catch my mistakes. Thanks again

Return to “Hardware”