McTrinsic

Posted Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:38 am

Would it be an option to use the button hole for the usb socket and use the area of the floppy for a bigger display for the Gotek?

SPiFF

Posted Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:22 am

Possible, the corner of the mount is right there. It would make access to the buttons a little bit more tricky. If you didn't mod the GoTek, just use an extension cable to a daughter board the GoTek would have to be moved further back to allow a screen that is more centered to clear everything. The display couldn't really be bigger, but would be easier to see via the larger opening in the middle of the floppy slot. Would then have to find somewhere for the button access, which would pretty much mean modding the GoTek to put them on a daughter board or something. But, yea, with a modified GoTek it would be doable. There is a ton of room there for a mount that allows for relocating those parts.

I also thought about a possible mounting for the rotary dial through the eject hole, but I don't like to alter the outside appearance of the system too much.

G8rduc
North Florida

Posted Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:18 am

Just got my A1000 back from an overhaul and a Parceiro 2 added. Just amazing. Now I'm looking at more mods, ROFL. What's the common video conversion tool to use a LCD monitor instead of wearing my 1084s down?

And Spiff, any updates on your setup?

Return to “Hardware”