AmigaZ

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:27 am

McTrinsic wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:21 am
That’s an awesome find and an I credible option!!

You need be aware that the 040 is slightly more tricky to setup due to the required libraries.

The 060 probably can be used. Never had one. Never had a 040. What I think to remember is that you may have to adapt some voltages. It is probably really worth it. Just make sure to check every online resource on how to do this.

There might not be too many resources on the PPS, you could as well check on guides for the Blizzard 2040.
Thanks for your insight. The card was delivered yesterday. I tried to see if it would work in my setup without changing anything. I disabled the 68030.library and enabled 68040.library. Inserted the PPS. It tries to boot but fails to get to Workbench 3.2. I probably should start another thread on this. I've reviewed all jumper settings, they seem correct but I may need to make changes on them thru trial and error. I also need to check my Startup-sequence for Addmem. Also i learned i would need a 040 to 060 adapter which would make the cpu tower taller and require extensive cutting of the floppy slot which im unwilling to do sheet metal, so thats out. It's already a tight fit with the cpu fan. I'm also having issues removing the 30 pin simms and replace with 4mb simms x8, for 32mb total. I have access to the manual online so it gives some guidance. Again i should start another thread as the subject has changed.

blindguy

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:03 pm

AmigaZ wrote:
Thanks for your thoughts on this. I hope it not dead, I actually pre-ordered a Buffee last fall. But truthfully, ive considered getting a refund until hopefully they release it some day.
I think she already mailed out the first batch, if you didn't get yours you may want to reach out to her.
I had ordered two, one for me and one for a buddy and all dupe orders were not shipped out.
I have been in contact with her and hope to eventually get one so we will see.

Return to “Hardware”