Signman

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:12 am

I have the Rejuvenator in my 1000 along with pistorm. It is a basic build with real os 3.1 disks. Slowly adding games, graphic programs and such. finally installed Better Workbench.

For the most part all games crash immediately with guru. Now I'm not sure if they worked prior to Better workbench install because of all the things I am doing, going back and forth between the 1000 and WinUae.

It all works in Winuae no matter what config I load. I also put the sd card in my Amiga 500 pistorm and everthing works.
Even installed the latest WHD load , still the same. One time it did launch Faery Tale Adventure but thats it.

All other programs work well. Any ideas?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:03 am

I am not a WHDLoad user on my A1K. However:
I have the Rejuvenator in my 1000 along with pistorm.
What upgrades does it have?

- 1 or 2 MB chip?
- OCS or ECS Denise?

I actually thought the PiStorm essentially takes over the A1K, much like a Vampire does. So at this point I'm not sure what the Rejuve is bringing except the KS ROM + 3.1 OS? I have no idea how the PiStorm's chip RAM coincides with the Amiga's/Rejuve's.

Are you using RTG as well? A ton of Amiga games simply don't like RTG.

Signman

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:17 am

The Pistorm doesnt touch agnus or any other chips. No rtg used here all native rgb.this is the pistorm32 version that only takes over cpu. My A500 has the exact same setup except for Rejuvenator and it works there.

Signman

Posted Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:27 am

I don’t think whdload is the proble but with possible issues with pistorm with or without Rejuvenator board,
Taking out the pi and using regular cpu with floppy drive. I really wand some basic ide to boot up my nicely configured basic workbench system and use whdload from there.
Not wanting to pay $200 plus for that. I would maybe for Paceiro 2 if that fits the bill.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:30 am

The Paceiro 2 does everything you'd ever want (imo) - and if you can wait until the Fall of 2023, there will be an accelerator option designed specifically for the P2.

It's not a Pi, but it is designed specifically for the Amiga 1000 and is magical in its capabilities and tidy form factor.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:29 am

Signman wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:17 am
The Pistorm doesnt touch agnus or any other chips. No rtg used here all native rgb.this is the pistorm32 version that only takes over cpu. My A500 has the exact same setup except for Rejuvenator and it works there.
+1 for the PiStorm32 only taking over the CPU in my A1200 & assuming same for all other Amiga models. There's a straight forward review of the PiStorm32 in the latest Issue 10 of WhatIFF? Amiga Guide magazine for those that are interested http://whatiff.info/

McTrinsic

Posted Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:02 pm

What tooltypes did you try with the WHDLoads on the rejuvenator?

There are lots of options. Such as NoAutoVec, ExpChip, NoVBR…

Signman

Posted Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:25 pm

I only did the briefest look into whdload settings and just got fed up. Some problems occuring even with floppy games.

Took it all out and contacted Mr. Dunklee about his product. He did mention prototype accelerator. If I can find out my system is going to stay stable I may purchase. To an old guy Feb of 24 is a long way off although I did buy green bananas today.

Amiga test kit gave me some kind of fail on a Cia tik whatever that means. All else checks out.

So for now 68000 cpu, df0 floppy drive and Rejuvenator. The Parceiro @2 looks like a nice piece of kit as the Brits say.

Return to “Hardware”