ChrisW67

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:59 pm

Hi All

As far as I can see, the A1000 Phoenix board presents the 8362 Denise chip with the /CSYNC and /CDAC signals at pin 32 and 34 respectively. On the original A1000 motherboard these Denise pins were unconnected, so using the C0pperdragon RGBtoHDMI adapter board required bodge wires to bring those signals in.

I think that this adapter should work as-is on the Phoenix board (and hopefully not foul on the RF shield).
Could any of the Phoenix owners in this forum confirm this?

Cheers,
Chris W

craziazkowboi

Posted Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:15 pm

Yes it does work, and will fit in with the RF Shield in place, although you may need to modify the back of the shield to run your HDMI cable. You can also use the video slot version of the RGB2HDMI for the A2000, but you will need a different case or to mod the case as it sits too high (above the RF Shield and the plastic lid).

The Indivision mod also works and provides ECS, but only has VGA out. Very useful though if you are using a GBAPII++ for RTG on your Phoenix Board. Pimp that A1000!

McTrinsic

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:25 am

This combination is a wonder to behold, as I can confirm.

„The Indivision mod also works and provides ECS, but only has VGA out. Very useful though if you are using a GBAPII++ for RTG on your Phoenix Board. Pimp that A1000!“

Return to “Hardware”